Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nail Repair - Tea Bag Method

I recently split my right pinky nail. It split beyond my normal nail line so I'm afraid to just cut the nail. Plus, I'm going to a convention this weekend and I want to do a design on long nails. I've never had to use the tea bad method to repair a nail because they haven't split or broke since before I can remember. I think that's because I use to keep them pretty short and now I want them to be longer.

Note: I don't know if this is how most people do tea bag nail repair but this is my way. Please excuse the dry cuticle...my right pinky is giving me real problems. Ugh.

Supplies needed: empty tea bag, scissors, base coat, and fine nail file (partially seen in last pic).

1. Paint base coat. If the split is really bad, you may want to apply super glue or nail glue. 2. While base coat is still wet, place a appropriately cut piece of tea bag over the split of the nail and a little bit past the actual split. 3. Paint another layer of base coat. 4. Once the base coat is dry, lightly file the edges of the tea bag piece to make sure there isn't a noticeable seam.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It has so far. I did it last night and painted over the nail to match the rest of manicure because I wasn't ready to change it yet. I'll do my nails tomorrow night and I'll have to do the whole process again. That will be the real test. But, I'm glad that my nail doesn't seem to be splitting anymore and it doesn't hurt either.

      Delete
    2. Awesome, I look forward to hearing if it with hold!

      Delete
  2. I always fix my broken nails like this! Works really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Friend,

    Congratulation to you. I am happy after reading your post that you have posted in this blog. Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this. I am looking for your next update.

    Thanks a lot!

    Hand Nail Art in Brighton

    ReplyDelete