Friday, August 17, 2012

Rainbow Streaks

To create these Rainbow Streaks, I used Julep Kate as the white base. (I'll post my swatch of that later.)

Pink: Orly Butterflies
Orange: SinfulColors Hazard
Yellow: Ulta Sun-Sational
Green: Ulta Limelght
Blue: Ulta Blue Streak
Purple: Ulta Duty Free Shopping Spree

The bottom two pictures show the finished product with Nicole by OPI Here Kim's the Sun on the tips and Cina rhinestones.


Here are my nails right after I painted all of the Rainbow Streaks. (No top coat.)
From left to right, top to bottom: 1. Paint your base color. 2. Using a small nail art brush, paint your pink streak(s). 3. Paint your orange streak(s). 4. Paint your yellow streak(s). Mine are hard to see in this picture because the yellow is on the side. 5-7. Continue on with streaks of green, blue, and purple. The last picture shows the manicure after I added a glitter coat to the tips and rhinestones on my ring finger.



I love the way the very edge looks.

4 comments:

  1. that's a cool mani...it reminds me of those pieces of artwork that are of crayons melting down a wall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've seen those too, but I didn't notice the resemblance until you mentioned it.

      Delete
    2. I was wondering if you could check out my blog sometime; I was going to email you and ask, but I couldn't find your email address. If you're busy, I understand, but it would mean a lot to me.

      Delete